We make every effort to process calls to the office in an orderly and timely manner. A receptionist is available to make appointments only. Calls requiring medical advice are transferred to trained medical personnel. Questions regarding more complicated issues (i.e. behavior problems) may need to be discussed with a provider in a consultation visit.
Types of Appointments
To better serve you, we have 5 types of appointment slots available. Please let the person scheduling your appointment know which type of slot you need since different amounts of time are required for the different visit types.
Initial appointments require some paperwork. To save time in the waiting room, we encourage you to visit our patient forms page, print out the New Patient Forms packet, and bring the completed forms with you to your first appointment.
- Check-ups: These visits are the routine well child visits recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics to check your child's physical and emotional health and development. We also give immunizations during these visits. Check-ups are recommended yearly and are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 3:30.
- Sick Visits: Since you cannot plan when your child will become ill, we reserve slots throughout the day for these visits, and will make every effort to schedule the appointment for the day you call. Depending on the schedule, you may be asked to schedule your appointment for another day if it involves more chronic problems such as constipation, allergies, and skin rashes. Saturday hours are always reserved for children with an illness that must be seen immediately, and cannot be delayed until Monday.
- Follow-up Visits: These visits are designed to follow up on issues for which your child has already been evaluated (such as re-checks for ear infections). In general we do not schedule follow-ups on Saturday.
- Nurse/Lab Visits: These are nurse visits only for the purpose of giving immunizations or performing lab tests that your provider has already ordered.
- Attention/Behavioral Consults: These visits are to evaluate concerns that take more time to discuss then those issues covered during regular check-ups. Your provider will determine if you need to bring any further information and if your child should be present. Please be sure to specify if you need this type of appointment with our receptionist.
<< Back to Patient Information